Transport Emergency Responder
Car-Trek Australia St George QLD
ISS First Response is a leading national Transport Emergency Response service provider, currently seeking Casual "On Call" Emergency Response Coordinators (ERC's) in St George area, QLD.
Currently we have more than 60 ERC's nationally, and we offer our contractors a Monthly Retainer, Call Out Fees and Hourly Rates.
We also provide required Assessment and Safety Procedures, Manuals, PPE and Training.
It is NOT a medical responder role.
The role of the ISS Emergency Response Coordinator (ERC) is to represent our clients and manage their people, asset and cargo interests at incident scenes.
Our clients include transport, logistics and dangerous goods carriers so your role will be managing the cleanup of an incident.
The position is varied in the type of work required and has the full support of our 24/7 Call Centre & Head Office resources.
Our Call Centre facilitates the arrangement of contractor services, regulatory reporting and liaison between the incident site and clients. With an extensive national database of services, ISS First Response is at the forefront of incident management.
The type of person required for this role, would ideally be experienced in Transport Incident Response and the role would suit people such as former emergency services personnel including; Police and Fire Service members or applicants with transport or towing experience.
The primary concerns of our ERC's are to coordinate incidents and:
• to attend incidents as soon as possible and work in conjunction with the ISS Call Centre; to assess incident hazards and risks, identify & request the necessary resources to arrange & coordinate salvage, security, protection and transportation / disposal of accident affected freight.
• to attend to the welfare of distressed drivers (but not administer first aid unless qualified to do so) and to assist emergency service personnel, if requested.
• to maintain contact with all stakeholders including ISS Call Centre, clients, other response personnel & relevant authorities & to provide verbal and written progress reports on the status of emergency response operations.
• to read, write & accurately articulate & record details of the incident, including photography of incidents & compiling accurate & timely reports.
• be computer competent, with the ability to utilise Microsoft Outlook & Word, upload or transfer photographs & learn in-house applications as required.
• to be aware of cost containment in conducting emergency response exercises
• to assist in ongoing site remediation services, in consultation with the relevant environmental expertise and authorities.
• to keep the ISS Call Centre regularly updated of all developments at an incident for entry into the Incident Log.
As you would expect, the nature of the role demands that it is a Casual 'ON CALL' position.
Applicants must consider themselves flexible, with an energetic, professional and disciplined attitude and be able to promote an inclusive 'team environment' for a safe, transparent and professional response.
The successful candidate must have their own reliable vehicle, be physically fit & able to climb under/over obstacles, and to carry/move equipment if required within OH&S/WHS guidelines.
Please apply through the Seek link.
Or for more information, please e-mail *************@cartrek.com.au